Monday, February 15, 2021

Transmissible Alzheimer's Disease?

Scientific American is running an article,
"The Case for Transmissible Alzheimer's Grows," and compares Alzheimer's Disease with Prion Disease, that they both are based on plaques in the brain, and the plaques are very difficult to destroy. 

It has been two years since I found this article. I consider myself to have Alzheimer's Disease, and so I searched for information about it and have been working to overcome the effects.

My uncle had Alzheimer's Disease. He was a farmer in Northern Minnesota, the father of six children. He was the oldest of six children, my father's oldest brother. I overheard my father speaking to the other uncles about him, that my aunt had wanted a divorce and because her father was the judge, she was given the farm and all the other possessions, including his family photographs, leaving him nothing. He moved to Minneapolis and got a job working for Sears. My father would go and pick him up and he would spend the day with us. He had been blocked, the joy in his life taken from him, and he was in circular thinking patterns. 

I have felt the same way.

I think people in nursing homes live in an environment where the family is not able to care for them, and they are surrounded by people who for the most part are there is perform a service, not to be friends or to take the place of the family. The patients are blocked when they say they don't like a certain food, for example, but it is there on the plate anyway. I have worked as a caregiver, and have found that the women I have cared for were very grateful to be able to stay in their home, and that I always functioned as a companion and a servant, there to do what they wanted me to do. "Here are the ads for the store. What would you like to eat this week?" "If you were making this meal, how would you cook it?" In fact, one woman had lost her voice years before, and was pleasantly surprised to find her voice returning. Her doctor ordered a CAT scan, and it showed major loss of brain tissue, but she was still able to do talk to me and to her advocate, the woman who recommended me for the job.

I knew another man with Alzheimer's Disease. He was a Buddhist would told me he had perfected Vpassina (not sure of the spelling) meditation. He had sat for many hours holding a raisin in his hand, and had turned off his thinking process, the thoughts going through his mind. When I heard he had Alzheimer's, I thought he had retreated into his meditation techniques when he was frustrated. I am a channel, and I have learned to turn off my thoughts, too, I have tried to find a balance between the two "states."

I am working to rebuild neural networks in my brain. My books are channeled messages from God on how to overcome any crisis, and I see them as a kind of network that keeps growing, like channeling the books, printing, storing, creating an online presence, YouTube videos, shipping, and each step has its own steps that keep going out and being developed, hiring people....

I have a way out of my crisis. That is the joy back in my life. Archangel Michael told us at the prayer circle, "The difference between Heaven and Hell is that in Heaven there is a solution to your crisis." 

The last thing I had found on the internet is that a naturopath in Australia recommended eating butter. I have felt better getting off the low pat diet, although I have always eaten cheese, and butter has helped. I have tried to eat less cheese because of the salt in it makes my mouth dry at night.